cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APs not powered - no Ring etc

Anonymous
Not applicable

After a recent power outage, my Ruckus switch has one green (power) and one yellow light. Both upstairs and downstairs WAPs have no lights, and our ring doorbell is unresponsive. I read elsewhere in this forum, that someone was directed to perform a reset (hold reset button while cycling power until all lights flash yellow, then release). I did that. It is just permanently flashing yellow now. After waiting about 10 mins, I decided to cycle power again, and I'm back to where I started - One green, one yellow light. I do not have the hardware to perform a firmware update as some have been directed to do. Looks like I will need in person tech help, is that an option?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to go another way and replace the switch. So I have a perfectly good Ruckus 7150 that just needs the firmware reflashed. May try to sell it. 

So you replaced the ruckus switch with any other switch? Will the APs work with any other switch? Can you please provide the details. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I replaced the switch with a $20 Amazon unit. Easy, and reliable.  The Ruckus WAPs no longer work, but I still have solid wifi signal throughout the house. I have converted several coax wall jacks (stupid Lennar) to ethernet and hard wired most high bandwidth items (TV, PC) to my gigabit service. I will eventually get an eeros mesh or something similar that's much easier to configure. Ruckus is good equipment, it's just way overkill for residential use, which is why I assume Lennar stop using it. Good luck . 

Yes. I am planning the same thing. Throw away the complexity of ruckus switch and replace them with eero mesh and a switch. Ruckus is way overkill and expecting users to configure their networking routers 😄 Thank you for the details. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, I will try to find help locally before I attempt it myself. Is the Ring doorbell powered by the Ruckus? Because it also is not working, as others have stated having the same issue.