cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP stopped working after recent update, no longer turning on

RMontes925
New Contributor

I need to have my APs replaced as they no longer power on after recent updates. I have tried connecting them directly to the Switch via new cable and nothing happens still. Both APs have same issue, leaving me effectively without wifi in my home. I want to start the process of a warranty replacement but understand in order to receive urgent replacement (I work from home), I have to submit another post. Or call. But you don't accept Lennar customer calls anymore.

11 REPLIES 11

See

network error SSH.pnginvalid entry.pngThesemoba screenshot.png

While I appreciate the links you sent me, I don't have a degree in computer programming. I need the information in plain English if I am supposed to troubleshoot this on my end. As you can see, I tried using both methods to access the Switch. My IP address was NOT listed as you'd mentioned (mine is listed as On ICX7150-C12-Switch 192.168.1.66 Brocade Communications Systems LLC 78:A6:E1:40:30:2C). I tried both Putty and MobaXterm, trying both TelNet and SSH options, and neither worked. Telnet would let me get in but since there were no commands you'd offered, I was left trying to decipher what I was supposed to do on my own. A wonderful way to spend 2 hours in extreme frustration. 

Results from commands enable (error message), show version, show flash, show inline power, show inline power detail power supply data 2.pngpower supply data.pngshow flash.pngshow flash.jpgcommands enable through show version.jpg

Hi @RMontes925 

Thank you for the detailed information you shared,

As I can see from the information you shared, the PoE is in the disabled state on all the ports of the Switch (Please refer to the below screenshot). By which the Access Points are unable to get the power.

To enable the PoE on the Switch, please perform the below commands from the CLI:

Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#interface ethernet 1/1/1 to 1/1/12
Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#inline power

Also attaching a Screenshot as a reference:

Once you perform the above process all ports should be On, and APs should get the power.

To avoid these issues in the future, I would like to suggest upgrading your Switch to the latest stable version, as your current Switch is on the old version which is SPS08061a (As marked in the below screenshot). Please let me know once you are done with the above process, to assist you with the upgrading of the Switch. 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again for your patience. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I've attached a screenshot showing my CLI: all ports are on but my APs are still showing nothing. No lights are lit still. I'm willing to try a system update on my Switch, but as of now, I'm lead to believe my APs are dead, as I originally suggested. 

inline power source update.pngIMG_5957.JPGIMG_5956.JPG