cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP's not working after internet outage

dyou6376
New Contributor

We had an outage with our isp and following restoration our internet still wasn't working so I reset all equipment. Upon restarting the only device that has internet working is my desktop which is wired to the switch. I've factory restored the router and verified all the dhcp settings align with the ruckus equipment. I've reset the the AP's to factory settings, I just did the control one. And I've also updated the firmware on the access points. I'm able to see the clients in the unleashed dashboard and if I select a client click troubleshoot and then start, the internet will work on that device for 10~ seconds during the test.

Also notably the dashboard does not list the ICX and when conducting a network scan I'm unable to find its address. As a result I also factory reset the switch according to the guidelines and video provided. 

IP scanner only lists the two AP's, my desktop, my laptop, and my router, a ubiquiti edge x.

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @dyou6376 ,

Greetings!

Thank you for the response and sharing the pictures.

From the screenshot that you shared, I understand that you are getting the IP address 192.168.0.243 from the Router management portal.

Could you please confirm if you have tried accessing the IP in the browser and check if you are able to login to the GUI of the Switch?

If you are unable to login to the Switch GUI, I would request you to please perform hard reset on the Switch using a paper clip. Please reboot the ISP router after the hard reset and perform IP scan and check if you are able to get a new IP address for the Switch.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to hard reset the Switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Process-for-performing-a-phy...

Please follow the process as explained in the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard. 

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.