cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP R510 stuck in red power light, won't boot further and switch in account is in pending status

Bhirani110
New Contributor

My AP in not booting further then red power light. tried reset multiple times with no luck. Reseted other AP to try to see if non-functional AP would boot further. but no luck. won't let me login to unleash app saying that I am not connected to unleash network. tried to plug non-functional AP into different ethernet port on switch with no luck. everything on forum is tried already. same issue happened last year but just powering on and off worked last year with no luck this year. My switch is in pending to join mode for some reason. has issue with switch few couple years back when replacement was sent. it is currently unmanaged switch. Kindly help ASAP.

10 REPLIES 10

@Jayavidhya

Yes, I have done it several times including resetting both APs with paper clip by taking it off of ceiling. No change in status. Same problem happened earlier year where only powering on and off worked to get AP functional. If the only solution is to replace AP, then can we please do it ASAP as I have upcoming travel and need it prior to that?

can we please expedite this? My switch is in pending connection mode asking for user name/password. Please help ASAP.

Hi @Bhirani110 

Thanks for your response.

Please try to connect the AP only with the 12VDC Adapter. Once you are done with the step please try to perform the factory reset process again as mentioned in the below link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFD_ByQWGH0&t=42s

If the above mentioned step doesn't work then we will proceed with the RMA process.

Please try the steps mentioned above and let us know the result.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

@Jayavidhya

Thank you.

I tried the step to connect only 12v adapter and tried resetting per video instructions but no luck, no change in power light status. It continues to be red.

Can we please initiate replacement with  expedite shipping to get as fast as possible?

kindly let me know ASAP please. Thank you.

Hi @Bhirani110 

Thanks for the response.

Based on the troubleshooting done, even after performing factory reset of access points, also after changing the power adapter, the issue exists. This unit should be RMA (return merchandise authorization) in simple words replace it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start unit replacement.

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

@Jayavidhya

Thank you. Can you assist me in expedite shipping process please? Case was created by automated chat system. I provided all information it required. Anyway to expedite it?