cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration failed

christine28
New Contributor

Hello and good day, i am trying to log into my schools wifi using clpudpath on my Samsung phone but it is saying "Use of the cloudpath app requires that your organization has a proper server. If you are unsure, please contact your help desk." I don't understand this because it was working just fine before, however when I reset my network settings on my phone, it started showing this. Please help me.

3 REPLIES 3

jim_palmer
New Contributor II

When you reset your phone it would have reset the MAC address used by your phone when connecting to the Wi-Fi. Depending on how the network is configured to onboard your device, that could cause a problem. There are options where that shouldn't be a problem, but there are other options that could cause issues. You are going to need to contact your schools IT help desk to have them check on their side and see what they can do to resolve it.

vijaykuniyal
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @christine28,

I would recommend to not open the Cloudpath application directly from the apps, connect to the on-boarding SSID again and you will need to go through the flow again, during the process of cert installation, the Cloudpath app will open automatically and you will not see any error.

Vijay Kuniyal

Staff Technical Support Engineer

CCNA RnS | CCNA Wireless | CWNA | RASZA | Meraki CMNO | RACPA

Basav

Hi @christine28 

That error means we are opening the app without the config file.

We need to make sure we have the app installed but do not open it. Then we click the "Install Network" button again by going back to the browser where you complete the enrollment. This should launch the app automatically using the config file and then will no longer throw that initial error.