cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ap Reboot timeout

sogalli
New Contributor III

Hi How do i disable AP reboot timeout on Smartzone 104 (controller). all APs seem to reboot after every 30min.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sogalli 

Absolutely !! The gateway is the route through which any incoming AP traffic goes out and you would need to check why is it not reachable ?

Best Regards

Vineet

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Vineet_nejwala

Hi @sogalli 

AP has a default AP reboot timeout of 30 minutes when it CAN NOT reach it gateway and hence AP will reboot if the gateway is not reachable for more then 30 minutes. Isolate the issue on the network that is preventing AP to reach the gateway and meanwhile change the AP Zone setting > Advanced Options >  AP reboot timeout > "Reboot AP if it cannot reach default gateway after" to "0".  

Best Regards

Vineet

sogalli
New Contributor III

Hi Veenit

Thanks for your response. by gateway do you mean the controller IP or the default gateway? from the Smartzone controller, the below is the Alarms am getting from H500 and R700 access points

AP RuckusAP@F0:3E:90:09:04:00 was rebooted by the system because of AP lost Gateway more than 1800 seconds

@sogalli This event is for losing default gateway. Initiate a ping from AP to gateway or put a PC connected to the same network as the AP and run a continuous ping to the gateway to see if the the gateway is having issue.

Best Regards

Vineet

Hallo Veenet

Thanks for your contribution. i have realized from the AP network i can only ping the controller IP from the same network but not the default gateway. controller and APs are in the same network, I can ping the controller but not the default gateway. Could this be the problem?