cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What version to upgrade to?

Est1997otr
New Contributor

I am currently running firmware version SPS08090g on my ICX7150-C12P. 

I feel like this firmware version is pretty out of date and was looking online which is the best to upgrade to

I settled on (for lack of better knowledge) 08095m. This upgrade does not have the boot and images files. So my question is. What firmware should I upgrade to and how can I go about upgrading with instructions specific to the firmware? 

For example the 08905m has 4 folders: MIBs, Signatures, Images, Firmware.

MIDs: SPR08095m.mib, SPS08095m.mib

Signatures: SPR08095mufi.sig,SPR08095mufinss.sig, SPS08095mufi.sig, SPS08095mufinss.sig

Firmware: icx7xxx_poe_01.56.01.b001.fw, icx7xxx_poe_02.1.8.b004.fw, icx7xxx_poe_02.2.4.b002.fw

What files do I need to use and in what manner? Or should I choose another Firmware version? Can this be done through the Unleashed GUI or through typical TFTP?

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenBeck

Hey there,

You only need SPS08095mufi.bin. The UFI image contains everything all in one bundle. Upgrading via tftp is the standard process. As for official code recommendations, I would recommend checking this post:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Self-Help/What-code-should-I-run-on-my-ICX-Check-the-...

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BenBeck

Hey there,

You only need SPS08095mufi.bin. The UFI image contains everything all in one bundle. Upgrading via tftp is the standard process. As for official code recommendations, I would recommend checking this post:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Self-Help/What-code-should-I-run-on-my-ICX-Check-the-...

Thank you for the quick reply! Is it safe to assume if I write the current config to memory that I would not lose any configurations after the update?

No problem. That is correct.