Uplink-switch command

Deplumi
New Contributor

Hi

We are using older ICX switches (ICX6610) with this vlan configuration:

vlan 123  by port

tagged ethe 1/1/7 ethe 1/1/8 to 1/1/9 1/1/24 ethe 1/3/1

uplink-switch ethe 1/1/24 ethe 1/3/1 

Meaning all the broadcast and unknown-unicast traffic is switched to the uplink-switch ports. Other ports (eth1/1/7,8,9) can not communicate with each other (at least they can not broadcast).

Now we are trying to implement newer ICX switches (ICX7550) and guess what, there is no uplink-switch command available. 

Config guide mentiones PVLANs, but is is very confusing. 

Any idea how to do or achieve uplink-switch on newer ICX devices?

4 REPLIES 4

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Deplumi,

Thank you for posting you query !!!

I have a question for you here :

>What is the current firmware you are using on the ICX7550.

>Are you using Router image (SPR) or switch Image (SPS).

The reason why we are asking because earlier you were using (ICX6610), Hence I am suspecting the depreciation/modification of commands related to uplink in ICX7550.

Please feel free to leave us a message if any concerns

Thanks

Deplumi
New Contributor

Hi Mayank.

We are using firmware version 08.0.95m - the router image. The ICX6610 was also running the router image.

If the command is depricated, maybe there is some other functionality that accomplishes the same?

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Deplumi,

Thank you for reaching us

The command you are looking for is not available on latest version. I did try to look for them on latest router codes but unable to find them.

I suppose the command has been depreciated on latest versions.

If your requirement is to pass the downlink traffic on different vlans to the uplink switch on layer 2 then make sure the uplink port is untagged and tagged in the same way on both sides. 

For example on the uplink device port "1/1/1" connecting to downlink switch port "1/1/2" . And the uplink port is untagged on vlan 1 and tagged for vlan 2 then below is how the configuration will look like.

On uplink switch:

Device(config)# vlan 1

Device(config-vlan-1)# untagged eth 1/1/1

Device(config)# vlan 2

Device(config-vlan-2)# tagged eth 1/1/1

On downlink switch:

Device(config)# vlan 1

Device(config-vlan-1)# untagged eth 1/1/2

Device(config)# vlan 2

Device(config-vlan-2)# tagged eth 1/1/2

If the above details is not matching your requirement then please help us with a little more details on the requirement and setup you are trying to achieve.

I hope this helps.

Thanks 

Smiley
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Deplumi,

Based on your requirement, please find the below link with reference to the protected port.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-08095-l2guide/page/GUID-07469156-A490-4606-B058-1545EE938...

Please let me know if this is the feature you are looking for.