cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the "known" PoE issue with 8.0.92 and ICX7450 switches.

wes_hall_jazva8
New Contributor II

We are entering a case with TAC and they've requested us to downgrade the code from 8.0.92b to 8.0.90 because there is a known PoE issue with 8.0.92 and ICX7450 switches.  Anyone know what this issue is?  I looked thru the release note but don't find a reference to a known issue.

Thank you

wes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenBeck

Hey @wes_hall_jazva8 

It is hard to say without more details. Did you get this resolved? 8092 was a short-term code stream, so support likely wanted to push you to a better patch. 8092 isn't being patched anymore. 8090mc or 8095g would be my recommendation at this time. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BenBeck

Hey @wes_hall_jazva8 

It is hard to say without more details. Did you get this resolved? 8092 was a short-term code stream, so support likely wanted to push you to a better patch. 8092 isn't being patched anymore. 8090mc or 8095g would be my recommendation at this time. 

wes_hall_jazva8
New Contributor II

Resolved? Well I got an RMA. 

After talking with my techs further, I think TAC recommended 8092b for the poe firmware.  I noticed ports shown with hardware failure in 8092 poe firmware don't show as bad in the 8090 poe firmware, even though they still don't pass poe. 

I'll give 8095g a try.  Maybe it has the poe firmware version that matches or betters 8092b

Interesting. 8095g is the newest patch that we would recommend. The UFI does also include POE firmware, but it will only be flashed if there is an upgrade or an issue is seen. With that said, if you specifically saw a hw failure message that may not help in this case.