cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uplink goes down when AP plugged into switch

jason_hilt
New Contributor III

New to Ruckus switches.

Have an ICX 7650 with one uplink to an Extreme switch.  ICX is managed by a SZ100.  When I plug in a Ruckus R650 to a port on the ICX switch, 1 gig or 2.5 gig port, the uplink port goes down.  Show Interface says port 1/2/1 is blocking but gives no indication of why it changed to blocking.  Only way I can get the uplink port to enable is if I reboot the switch. 

If I plug in a laptop into a port on the ICX everything works correctly.  We have one default vlan and four tagged vlans on the switch ports and 5 tagged vlans on the uplink.

I have no idea why plugging in an AP takes the uplink port down.  This is happening on 2 different 7650 switches and am assuming it will happen to all of them.  

Any ideas on what configuration needs to be done so the uplink port won't go into blocking?

Here's part of the show int for 1/2/1 when it's being blocked.

Hardware is 10GigabitEthernet, address is c0c5.2073.3531 (bia c0c5.2073.3531)
  Configured speed 10Gbit, actual unknown, configured duplex fdx, actual unknown
  Configured mdi mode AUTO, actual unknown
  Tagged member of 5 L2 VLANs, port state is BLOCKING
  BPDU guard is Disabled, ROOT protect is Disabled, Designated protect is Disabl
  Link Error Dampening is Disabled
  STP configured to ON, priority is level0, mac-learning is enabled
  MACsec is Disabled
  Flow Control is config enabled, oper enabled, negotiation disabled
  Mirror disabled, Monitor disabled

19 REPLIES 19

Switch is on 08.0.95aT231

SZ controller is on 5.2.1.0.515

What is the AP firmware ?

Controller shows it as 5.2.1.0.698, same as all the other APs we have.

Any idea how to enable the uplink port after I remove the AP that causes it to go down?  Right now my only option is to reboot the switch.

Do you have mesh enabled on this AP and another mesh-enabled AP in range, connected to different switch ? I have seen issues with stp when loop was created through.  

Hope it helps

Mesh is disabled on both AP Zones.  We have the current AP in a test zone so it's separate from our normal APs.