cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to SSH with RADIUS to ICX after update

Sydney_N
New Contributor III

Hi, I recently upgraded several ICX 8200s to 1010c-cd1, which went smoothly except for one switch. This happens to be the only switch with a layer 3 license on it. I can no longer SSH to it using my RADIUS credentials, but I can SSH using the local credentials. The error it gives me is my credentials are wrong, check the username and password, but I am 100% certain these creds are correct.
I tried putty & SecureCRT and reloaded, double checked the config to see if there were any changes made to the RADIUS configuration, and I can't find anything. It also appears that dot1x sessions using RADIUS are working.

I changed this command, where I swapped radius and local so local was first, but that didn't help:

<aaa authentication login default radius local> to <aaa authentication login default local radius>

I also removed the command <aaa authentication enable default local radius> because neither local nor RADIUS would work for the enable login (removed this by accessing the SZ CLI). 

I can still manage it from SZ and through local creds so this isn't urgent, but I was curious if anyone else has run into this and had found a solution I'm not seeing yet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sydney_N
New Contributor III

Found the solution for my situation anyway, not sure why but before the upgrade this switch didn't need a static route configured, but after configuring one radius started working again. Before it was using OSPF, so there may be an error on our end for OSPF configuration. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Sydney_N
New Contributor III

Found the solution for my situation anyway, not sure why but before the upgrade this switch didn't need a static route configured, but after configuring one radius started working again. Before it was using OSPF, so there may be an error on our end for OSPF configuration.