cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Image in both Primary and Secondary Flash

Netoyed
New Contributor

I have SPS08095j.bin in the primary flash. The uploaded the same image in the secondary flash. It was uploaded successfully but the moment I'm executing "boot system flash secondary" and then choosing "yes", the switch is going down. 

Anybody else faced the same issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Netoyed
New Contributor

Screenshot.png

Refer this screenshot.

aalvarez6
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Netoyed

Thank you for using the forum. 

That is an expected behavior. If you go to config mode and then enter the command it will save it as your preferred boot method. If you do that from privilege mode # and enter the command the switch will reboot using the secondary partition: https://docs.commscope.com/en-US/bundle/fastiron-08092-commandref/page/GUID-9B008914-403A-4FE1-8445-...

The following example shows how to set the system to boot the image from the secondary flash.

device(config)# boot system flash secondary

The following example shows how to set the system to boot the image from the primary flash and save the preference to the startup configuration.

device# boot system flash primary yes

Please mark this post as solved if this was helpful!

Best Regards,

Ayleth Alvarez | Sr Technical Support Engineer | TAC Wired 

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Netoyed

Also adding to the post I see you are taking a SSH connection , hence when the switch is going to reboot from secondary the session gets disconnected and this is expected when you are on SSH , telnet or web connection to the switch. 

If you are on console to the switch you will be able to view process during reboot as well. 

I hope this helps you.

Thanks