cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with one DHCP server, and multiple VLANs on ICX 7150 Switch image

paul_edson
New Contributor II
I have one DHCP server in default VLAN.  I have multiple VLAN (voice) and I want the ports on the VLAN to grab dhcp addresses from additional scopes.  I know that I need to use IP Helper, but all instructions refer to an IP address assigned to your VLAN.  I don't see where to do that...only IP address assigned is the siwtches IP.
9 REPLIES 9

andrew_giancol1
Contributor III
is your DHCP a VM by chance? How many vlans do you need DHCP to handle?

paul_edson
New Contributor II
DHCP is a VM on our main server, including file, and Domain server.   Outside the default VLAN which the original scope handles, two more VLAN.

andrew_giancol1
Contributor III
if so, possibly you could turn on more interfaces, ip/place them onto ports where native vlan equals the Vlan you're trying to DHCP for, Then as your VOIP devices start asking for DHCP, there should be an issue? this might be overthinking though. Another question, can DHCP in it's current config hear dhcp requests from your clients' devices on all Vlans?

paul_edson
New Contributor II
From a physical senses yes.DHCP could hear all requests.  But VLANing the VOIP, wiht a port that only has a Phone on it...logically DHCP can't not hear teh requests.  But it is my understanding that have a VLAN use a different scope and subnet, you need to logically use an IP Helper...

paul_edson
New Contributor II
How about this..do I have use the Router Image to do what I'm trying to do...?