cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX7250 Stack Replacement

irakli_gvishian
New Contributor III

Hello,

We have 2 Ruckus ICX7250 switches, which are stacked. Firmware is in Router mode, Version is SPR08090mc.bin (Non-UFI).  There is the configuration: 

stack unit 1
module 1 icx7250-48-port-management-module
module 2 icx7250-sfp-plus-8port-80g-module
priority 255
stack-port 1/2/1
stack-port 1/2/3
stack unit 2
module 1 icx7250-48-port-management-module
module 2 icx7250-sfp-plus-8port-80g-module
priority 250
stack-port 2/2/1
stack-port 2/2/3
stack enable
stack mac 78a6.e103.3b58

Several ports on the second unit don't works. We have another new ICX7250 switch and we would like to replace that damaged switch by this one. 

I have no experience in this direction and could you please describe required steps? How do I need to configure this new switch? Do I need to do just stack configuration or something else?

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenBeck

If you are replacing with the exact same model, the process is very easy. Simply put the same code on the replacement device, wipe the config (erase start) and swap it in. The existing stack will see the unit and push the config to it automatically. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BenBeck

If you are replacing with the exact same model, the process is very easy. Simply put the same code on the replacement device, wipe the config (erase start) and swap it in. The existing stack will see the unit and push the config to it automatically. 

Thanks for your response @BenBeck yes, they are the same. There are stacked devices:

irakli_gvishian_0-1667479494497.png

And there is new one:

irakli_gvishian_1-1667479791024.png

On stacked switches I have enabled Advanced Routing Features, do I need to enable license on new one or it take license from Unit 1 device?

No problem. Licenses are per unit, so you will need to install the license on the replacement unit. 

Okay, then I will just erase the configuration from new one and swap it. And after that I will activate Advanced Routing Features on new Unit 2. 

Thanks @BenBeck for your assist!