cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 AP and ICX 7150 - APs shutdown and do not power back on

scott_oram
New Contributor III
Here is my setup:
Comporium Zipstream Gigabit fiber main box gets Ethernet from junction box in garage.

The comporium box hands out dhcp addresses and has two built in wifi (2 and 5 GHz) networks enabled.

Lan out of the comporium box goes to the ICX7150 which is connected to two R510s running via POE.  Separate SSID is on the APs

I noticed the AP SSID was dropping, I went to look at the APs and sure enough no lights whatsoever.

So I pulled the plug on the ICX and waited a few minutes and plugged it back in.  

After around 4 minutes the APs come back online, but then after a short time, all the lights go out again and the only thing I can do is pull the plug and power cycle the ICX.

I was able to update unleashed to the 200.6 (latest version I believe).

Beyond what I'm doing I am a bit new to the whole AP \ switch configuration world.

Any ideas as to what is causing this and what my next steps should be?
20 REPLIES 20

scott_oram
New Contributor III
I pulled all connected devices except the APs and the cable from the comporium box and was able to change the ssid password, but still within an hour the APs went down again.  I wonder if either the switch is getting too warm, or perhaps the new printer (fairly new) is doing some strange broadcasting which cripples the switch or APs?  Will try and get wireshark on the network tonight to see what can be seen.

This is certainly not expected behaviour.  What flavour of Ruckus Management are you running?  is it Standalone, Unleashed or Cloud? i would recommend either Cloud or Unleashed for your setup.
And what is the full model and firmware of the switch?  I have an ICX7150 at home as well which powers my R710 and sometimes many other APs for testing.  I've been up for at least 6 months... something is happening in your environment that's odd.
Does the switch itself reload and then take the APs down with it?

I think it may be prudent to open a case with TAC to work through it..  1-855-RUCKUS-1

Sunny

I am fairly sure it is unleashed as I use that app on the iPhone.  Still trying to figure out how to access the switch to get the firmware version, does it have a web interface or is it CLI only?

Both. Web interface is accessible via IP address and CLI is via telnet or console cable. If nothing has been configured then your best option is console cable.

scott_oram
New Contributor III
So is the FastIron the switch OS?  Is that what I need to get the version of?