cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QSFP Support

michel_cote
New Contributor

Does the ICX 7550-24F support FS.com 40G QSFP model QSFP-BIDI-40G ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @michel_cote 

It is very hard for me to say definitively. In theory, if the cable is acting within standards and is a variation that we support (check optics datasheet), I would think it would work. With that said, the only way to find out is to try it and see what happens. Our official recommendation is always going to be using Ruckus optics. 

Reference:

https://www.commscope.com/globalassets/digizuite/61722-ds-ethernet-optics-family.pdf

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BenBeck

Hey @michel_cote 

Only Ruckus optics are technically supported. With that said, we do not lock out any third-party optics. You can use them at your own discretion, but we do not qualify or support them if you reach out to us with an issue. 

If this resolved your query, please click 'accept as solution'. 

michel_cote
New Contributor

Due to delivery issues, I need to use third-party optics temporarily. Is there any chance this would work?

Two ICX 7550-24f running firmware version GZR10010cufi stack using third-party optics.

Output from console with third-party optics installed.

FiberCore#sh media ethernet 1/2/1
Port    1/2/1:
     Vendor: OTHERS Version: 01
     Part# : QSFP-BIDI-40G    Serial#: S2404678075  

Thanks

Hey @michel_cote 

It is very hard for me to say definitively. In theory, if the cable is acting within standards and is a variation that we support (check optics datasheet), I would think it would work. With that said, the only way to find out is to try it and see what happens. Our official recommendation is always going to be using Ruckus optics. 

Reference:

https://www.commscope.com/globalassets/digizuite/61722-ds-ethernet-optics-family.pdf