cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pings from core stack failing

tommy_steele
New Contributor III

Screenshot 2024-06-11 162056.jpgStacked ICX7550-24 (2 units) running 08.0.95gT241
Pings from the switch to a server in my Azure tenant drop about 50%.  Pings from a Windows Server 2022 on the same subnet as the switch and running on ESXi hosts connected directly to the stack work 100% with no drops.  The link to the ISP (redundant handoff) is over a lag (1/3/4 and 2/3/4) both 10GigabitEthernet, both Configured speed 1Gbit, actual 1Gbit, configured duplex fdx, actual fdx.  No TX or RX errors, 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 ignored
0 runts, 0 giants, nothing obvious.  

Looking for suggestions as to why I'm seeing this behavior, and possible remedies.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Tommy_steele

Ack and Noted. Thanks for sharing the details

Could you check if you do a traceroute to the IP from switch what is the path it takes ? 

Thanks 

Screenshot 2024-06-19 091857.jpgHi Chandini,

Traceroutes from switch and vm server are the same.  Pings still show switch dropping 50%.  Please see attached.  

Thanks.

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Tommy_steele

Ack and Noted. Thanks for sharing the details. I would suggest a packet capture on the uplink port of the switch and check if for every ICMP request,  if there is a response from the server. If ICMP request are going through but no reply received , it would not be a switch issue.

Also please feel free to log a case with us using below link

Thanks