cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX8200 / ICX7150 switches show offline in SmartZone on regular basis

dawidku
New Contributor III

Did anyone had an issue where switches would show offline in SmartZone while actually being online/reachable on the network?

When this happens I delete the "offline" switch, it appears in default SW group as online and I add it back to the relevant group. All switches and SmartZone are in the same physical local network, no remote connection to SZ etc.
This happens to a few switches a week so quite frequent and annoying.

Can anyone advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Dawidku

Thank you for reaching us

When you notice the switches show offline on the SmartZone check the below details from the switch. 

• Show sz status
  • Show sz logs 
  • Show logging 

You can try the below commands to check if that helps resolving the problem from switch side

• manager connect 
  • manager reset

If you still see the problem occurring then If the State in "show sz status" is connected then please log a case with SmartZone and if you see that the State is in Query or Init then please log a case with switch serial number. 

Please use the below link to log a case with us.

I hope this helps

Thanks 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Dawidku

Thank you for reaching us

When you notice the switches show offline on the SmartZone check the below details from the switch. 

• Show sz status
  • Show sz logs 
  • Show logging 

You can try the below commands to check if that helps resolving the problem from switch side

• manager connect 
  • manager reset

If you still see the problem occurring then If the State in "show sz status" is connected then please log a case with SmartZone and if you see that the State is in Query or Init then please log a case with switch serial number. 

Please use the below link to log a case with us.

I hope this helps

Thanks 

dawidku
New Contributor III

Thank you for quick response

I will check this next time issue occurs and will follow up accordingly with Support Team.