cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7650 stack switch reboot

acmesupport
New Contributor

Dear ALL,

We found our stack switch(3 x members) was unexpected reboot twice times, anyone can help how to troubleshoot?

Support

11 REPLIES 11

hey @cjy123,

Thanks for that information.

I have added myself as a case team member and will see updates going forward. Right now it looks like we are pending some data from you after providing a debug image. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

fescober
New Contributor

Hello. I just opened a ticket as well - Support Case # 01382155.  We are experiencing the random cold restarts on our ICX7550's.  We have been dealing with this issue for about 8 months now.  We have also updated to firmware to 8.0.95fa, reseated both power supplies and fans.  Internet and network connectivity is critical for our daily operation and we cannot have random restarts on our equipment.

I've called support several times and have been told that this was a known issue, but the recommended workaround have not worked so far.

Hey @fescober 

This is likely a known issue specific to 7550s fixed in 8095g/8095h. Please upgrade to one of these releases with 8095h being my recommendation. We should generally not use the forum as a place to note case numbers. If needed, you can always ask for a case to have the priority raised or escalated.

Thank you for your recommendation.  I will upgrade the firmware to 8095h.  Another thing that is happening to the ICX7550's is that the power supplies (2 PSU's for every switch), would rev up and it would sound like an airplane that's about to take off.  We've been reaching out to Ruckus and have RMA'd a few PSU's.  Would this firmware (8095h) also fix the PSU issue?

Hey @fescober 

It will not. This is likely also a known issue that can affect a small percentage of RPS22 power supplies. RMA stock will not see the issue. Please submit RMAs as you see the issue pop up to rectify the problem.