cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 in Stack Password recovery

Da_Admin
New Contributor

I have 11 switches in the stack and need to reset the super-user password. For one switch I know the procedure via the boot menu. But how can I do this for stacked switches?

2 REPLIES 2

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Da_Admin ,

Thank you for posting you query.

I understand that you have 11 switch in the stack and you need to reset the super-user password.
For one switch you already know the procedure via the boot menu.But you like to know how to do for stacked switches.

In order to reset the password for stack please follow the steps given below :

Reload all the stack units and have the console connection to the active unit.

1. Start a CLI session over the serial interface to the Active Controller on the stack.
2. Stop the boot cycle by entering “b” at the initial boot prompt upon startup.
3. Enter “no password” at the prompt. (You cannot abbreviate this command.) This command will cause the device to bypass the system password check.
4. Enter “boot system flash primary” at the prompt. On ICX 7150 devices, enter ”boot_primary”.
5. After the console prompt reappears, assign a new password.

Moving Forward If this issue is not resolved , Please log a ticket with the below link so that we will help you further

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

I hope this information helps you

Please feel free to leave us a message if any concerns

Thanks

va10461
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Da_Admin,

Please follow either of the below procedures to recover password

You can console into active switch and do a password recovery and it will be applicable to stack

• Start a CLI session over the serial interface to the device.
• Reboot the device(all the units in stack).
• At the initial boot prompt at system startup, enter b to enter the boot monitor mode.
• Enter no password at the prompt. (You cannot abbreviate this command.) This command will cause the device to bypass the system password check.
• boot_primary

===================================================================
Ctrl + y release the buttons and then press m, release and then press enter

OS> reboot

• At the initial boot prompt at system startup, enter b to enter the boot monitor mode.
• Enter no password at the prompt. (You cannot abbreviate this command.) This command will cause the device to bypass the system password check.
• boot_primary

Thanks

Vivek Alaparthi
Staff TSE | CCNA | CCNP | RCNI

RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!

Follow me on LinkedIn