cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 Cable TDR Command State Analysis

CHOIYOUNGJAE
New Contributor II

Hi, everyone.

TDR commands were used to inspect the entire network.

When I searched Google for materials related to RUCKUS, there was no clear answer, so I am contacting you

■ Inspection status

CHOIYOUNGJAE_0-1678412688187.pngCHOIYOUNGJAE_1-1678412709968.png

CHOIYOUNGJAE_0-1678415208902.png

It is necessary to interpret the parts indicated in the red box in the above inspection conditions.

Basically, I know that it is normal if the cable distance is the same.

Open: RJ45 Bad Pin Contact
Short: Cable stuck together signal failure
Terminated: Connects successfully

1. Why do I see cable length information in 80-110M instead of 80M?

2. The reason why <=2M short is displayed is that a short occurred at the 2M point?

3. The reason why <=8M Open is displayed is because of the disconnection at the 8M point?

4. Why does Pair A display a question mark?

5. If PairA and D are 80-110M terminated, and PairB and C are 50-80M terminated, is the cable normal? If it is abnormal, why is it displayed like this?

I'm so frustrated whether I can't find the data or I don't have it.

Help me.
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi ChoiYoung, 

You are correct, the rest of the show information should be correct, unless you are seeing pair status unknown.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

isaac_madriz
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi ChoiYoung,

Thank you for your comment,

I would like to inform you that there are in fact some inconsistencies in cable pair length, and this is due to a limitation in cable TDR algorithm, that is the reason why from 8095e version the pair length was removed from the show output.

Before 8095e there are some scenarios in which the pair status can be displayed as 'unknown' which is known issue already fixed from 8095e, except on ICX7150 for 2,5Gb ports that can be susceptible to this issue still, engineering is currently working on the fix and there is no ETA at the moment.

Hope that helps,

Isaac Madriz | Senior Technical Support Engineer

CHOIYOUNGJAE
New Contributor II

Hello isaac_madri

■ Switch Version in Use
- --- SPS08090d

Please check if I understand the contents.

TDR command cable versions 8095e and earlier have cable length display problems during testing, and the switch version I am currently using is lower than 8095e, so the cable length is incorrectly displayed.

※ Then, is the output information of the conditions other than the length of the cable correct?

Please check.
Thank you.

Hi ChoiYoung, 

You are correct, the rest of the show information should be correct, unless you are seeing pair status unknown.

Regards

Thank you for your reply isaac_madriz!