cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX SWITCH LOCAL ACCOUNT USER

whisler_soineus
New Contributor III
After configuring aaa on my icx 7450 switch, I can't login on switch any more using the local account user.
The logging request is rejected by SSH, How can I solve this please?
12 REPLIES 12

BenBeck
Yes, you will need to create the accounts on the radius server. Those accounts will then be used to log in to the switch. With your current configuration, the local user accounts are only backup if radius fails. If you prefer to use local accounts, you would need to change your statement to something like this:

aaa authentication login default local
Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

whisler_soineus
New Contributor III
The thing is, we would like to have a backup local user account if radius fails. But normally, we use radius authentication with windows account to login on icx switch all the time. Now, is there something that I have to modify on aaa statement to have these two options working, please?

BenBeck
You won't be able to have them both actively working at the same time. The first authentication method would need to fail before the second can be used. Your initial configuration statement is pretty common. If your radius server ever goes down or becomes unreachable, you will then be able to use your local accounts. 

whisler_soineus
New Contributor III
Ok now I would like to test the connection to the switch using the local account user created on the switch without using radius authentication, but it's not working. So if radius server fails, we will have big trouble.... Here is our problem...

BenBeck
How are you testing it? Are you removing the radius server from the network or shutting it down?