cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7650 3rd party SFP brands

RobN
New Contributor II

I'm trying to avoid further costs to the project.  Anyone have a list of SFP's from Avaya (Nortel), HP or Cisco which will register and operate in a ICX 7650?  LC MM.  Thank-you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

BenBeck

Hey @RobN 

Generally speaking, third party optics should work if they are within spec. We do not lock out any optics. With that said, we do not formally support them (in terms of troubleshooting), so please keep that in mind. We would recommend Ruckus-branded optics. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

RobN
New Contributor II

Message received and understood. I have plenty of the fore mentioned SFP brands, which did not respond when I attempted them.  I will have to see if we can get a little more out of the budget for a Ruckus brand.  

Thanks for the quick response and confirmation. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BenBeck

Hey @RobN 

Generally speaking, third party optics should work if they are within spec. We do not lock out any optics. With that said, we do not formally support them (in terms of troubleshooting), so please keep that in mind. We would recommend Ruckus-branded optics. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

RobN
New Contributor II

Message received and understood. I have plenty of the fore mentioned SFP brands, which did not respond when I attempted them.  I will have to see if we can get a little more out of the budget for a Ruckus brand.  

Thanks for the quick response and confirmation.