cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7450 SFP Error: Latched high Supply Voltage warning/alarm (TX Bias)

lachancp
New Contributor II

I see a lot of dropped packets on the 1/2/1 interface. The version is 8.0.95d.
Does anyone have any insight as to what might be causing this issue or how to rectify it?

One side/switch ICX 7450-48P (4x10Gb module w/1Gb SFP):

Aug 31 08:57:31:I:    Latched high Temperature warning, port 1/2/1    Latched high Supply Voltage warning, port 1/2/1     Latched high TX Bias Cu
Aug 31 08:57:31:I:    Latched high Temperature alarm, port 1/2/1     Latched high Supply Voltage alarm, port 1/2/1     Latched high TX Bias Curren

Other side/switch ICX 7450-48F:

Aug 31 08:43:22:I:    Latched high Temperature warning, port 1/1/24     Latched high Supply Voltage warning, port 1/1/24     Latched high TX Bias 
Aug 31 08:43:22:I:    Latched high Temperature alarm, port 1/1/24     Latched high Supply Voltage alarm, port 1/1/24     Latched high TX Bias Curr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi lachancp ,

Thank you for posting you query !!!

I comprehend that you're seeing a lot of dropped packets on 1/2/1 interface.

As a troubleshooting you can perform the below steps :

1>Please run show inter ether x/x/x <affected interface> to see any dropped packets or any crc errors.

2>If you notice any errors or dropped packet please swap cable and sfp with working one and also tried swapping the port also .

3>To quickly check the compatibility of the SFP you can run the below command :

show optic x/x/x <this command will show sfp threshold values>
show media validation <this command will help you to identify if the sfp is ruckus compatible or not >

4>You can also perform a loop test on both the switch to isolate the hardware port fault :

For loop test : You just need to grab a known working patch cable and plug one end into one working port and the other end into one that is not working and let us know if the ports come up.

5>Please run the below command :

show chassis <this command will check if the fan or the power supply is running fine or not>

Please let us know how it goes.

Moving Forward If this issue is not resolved , Please log a ticket with the below link so that we will help you further.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

I hope this information helps you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi lachancp ,

Thank you for posting you query !!!

I comprehend that you're seeing a lot of dropped packets on 1/2/1 interface.

As a troubleshooting you can perform the below steps :

1>Please run show inter ether x/x/x <affected interface> to see any dropped packets or any crc errors.

2>If you notice any errors or dropped packet please swap cable and sfp with working one and also tried swapping the port also .

3>To quickly check the compatibility of the SFP you can run the below command :

show optic x/x/x <this command will show sfp threshold values>
show media validation <this command will help you to identify if the sfp is ruckus compatible or not >

4>You can also perform a loop test on both the switch to isolate the hardware port fault :

For loop test : You just need to grab a known working patch cable and plug one end into one working port and the other end into one that is not working and let us know if the ports come up.

5>Please run the below command :

show chassis <this command will check if the fan or the power supply is running fine or not>

Please let us know how it goes.

Moving Forward If this issue is not resolved , Please log a ticket with the below link so that we will help you further.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

I hope this information helps you

lachancp
New Contributor II

Mayank,

I rectified the high temp/voltage/tx alarms by swapping out the SFP's to newer model ones.
The older SFP's were compatible but like many of the older Brocade/Foundry SFP's, they cannot perform optical monitoring.
Thank you for the response and advice.

~ Rick

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi lachancp ,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved.