Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150 -TFTP issues

hayder_al_windi
New Contributor III

hello experts,

I have two ICX switches 7150 .

* I was trying to copy the configuration from the switch to TFTP or vise versa 

* The TFTP and the switch are on the same subnet , ping successful from the laptop to switch , Ping failed from switch to laptop 

_ I left the switch port that connect to laptop untagged on default Vlan , still not successful to ping the laptop from the switch 

- I have created Vlan on the switch and tagged on the switch port connect to Laptop ,still not successful to ping the laptop from the switch .

_I have created Vlan on the switch and this time untagged on the switch port connect to Laptop ,still not successful to ping the laptop from the switch .

on other troubleshooting effort 

- I have connected USB stick to switch and tried to copy the configuration from the USB to switch but it giving me error code 2

_ I have tried to copy the configuration from the switch to USB stick , it show me "copy done"

but actually when I checked the USB there is no configuration file 

switch firmware version is 08.0.90eT211

any further troubleshooting tips ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenBeck

Considering you had a successful ping one way, I would lean towards something on the laptop/tftp device blocking the communication. Also double-check subnet masks to make sure they match. I would go back to that one-way ping scenario and check those items. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

browse the correct file in the TFTP Application 

hashim_bharooc1
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello Hydar,

Please try to power cycle the ICX, seems like ICX flash is being used by some processes.

Hope this helps.

If after power cycle you still have issues please open a ticket with TAC to further troubleshoot.  Use link below:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hashim