cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX-7150 Firmware Format

WilliamM
New Contributor

Hello,

I have been working on a network automation script to update firmware of our switches. I have noticed that most of the time the firmware displays as SPS08070a or SPR08080d on a show flash but occasionally the firmware displays as 08.0.70d or 08.0.70c and doesn't show SPS or SPR unless you look at a show version.

Is there any rhyme or reason to this? This is making automation more complicated to properly identify current firmware versions and handle it appropriately.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenBeck

Hey @WilliamM 

I don't think this is an intentional thing and could actually be a bug in that older code. With that said, both 8070 and 8080 are no longer active code streams. If you see this in active code stream (8095+ as of now), please let us know and open a support case against it.

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

BenBeck

Hey @WilliamM 

I don't think this is an intentional thing and could actually be a bug in that older code. With that said, both 8070 and 8080 are no longer active code streams. If you see this in active code stream (8095+ as of now), please let us know and open a support case against it.

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us