Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash upgrade for ICX7150-C12 running 08.0.70C

rosewood72
New Contributor

i want to upgrade to 08.0.95 but it's not working. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply. After posting, I finally got it resolved. I'm now on the most stable release. Thank you again

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi rosewood72,

Thank you for posting your query !!!

I understand that you want to upgrade to 08.0.95 but it's not working.

I have a question for you here :

>Could you please confirm for us if you are from Lennar Homes?

If you are from Lennar Homes, For Lennar accounts we have a separate page where you can always feel free to reach us and post your queries.To post your query in Lennar homes please refer to  the below link for your reference and someone from the Lennar team will reach out:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/bd-p/lennar

>I see your current firmware is 08070C and the target firmware is 08095.

so your target path will be as shown below:

8070 --->8080f(non ufi) ---8095(ufi)

>What is the method via which you are trying to upgrade is it via tftp,usb/pendrive.

>What is the error you are getting while doing the upgrade, Could you please share the screenshot with us?

>Is the TFTP port permitted in the firewall or is the window defeder disabled in the local tftp host?

I have mentioned each method below for your reference :

TFTP:

Please find the steps below for upgrading the switch:

How to download the Software? Go to: https://support.ruckuswireless.com//

1. Click on "download"

2. Choose the product (Ruckus ICX7xx Campus Switches)

3. Download the 8080f non-UFI or latest version and accept the agreement. https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2463-ruckus-icx-fastiron-08-0-80f-ga-software-release-zi...

4. Download the 8095g required version and accept the agreement.

Steps for upgrading via TFTP

In order to migrate from 8070c to 8095 version implement an upgrade to 8080f or latest release.

1. Charge the software on a TFTP server, the TFTP server should have ping connectivity with the switch.

2. Get console access and test the ping connectivity with the command brocade# ping x.x.x.x. Note: if you have a stack get console access from the active controller.

3. Issue the Show flash command to confirm you have the same version on both partitions (primary and secondary partition)

4. Upgrade the boot code: issue the following command:

switch#copy tftp flash x.x.x.x <bootfilename.bin> bootrom

NOTE: ON the release notes and zip file downloaded you can find the required boot code for the desired image version.

5. Upgrade the image software version on primary/secondary partition

Switch# copy tftp flash x.x.x.x <filename> primary/secondary ("show flash" to confirm)

NOTE: On a stack environment implement the upgrade from the active controller and it will copied to the member automatically.

6. Boot from primary/secondary partition

Switch# boot system flash primary/secondary.

7. Upgrading the PoE firmware is no longer required because will be implemented automatically.

Note: With the "show version and show flash" you can confirm the software is properly installed.

Video Guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHIEajPhHWQ&t=15s

8. Upgrading to 8095 UFI desired version.

9. Now the switch is running the 8080x version on the primary/secondary partition you are going to implement a new upgrade to 8095gufi.bin in the same primary/secondary partition.

Switch# copy tftp flash x.x.x.x 8090xufi.bin primary/secondary

Next boot from primary/secondary:

Switch# boot system flash primary/secondary

FOR USB:

In enable prompt :
mount disk0 > to mount the drive .
show files disk0 > to check the files on the drive.
This will tell if the switch can read from the device or not

to copy the file:
copy disk0 flash < file name > < primary /secondary/bootrom>

The commands to use for will be :
Copy disk0 flash <file name > bootrom
Copy disk0 flash <firmware name> primary // here to check file name under > show files disk0 for the image name
Once done
to check: if the file is written
show flash
to boot up:
Wr mem
boot system flash primary > if primary is where the image was copied select primary else secondary
Post boot up check:
show version

I hope this information helps you

Please feel free to leave us a message if any concerns

Note: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS if its addressed your query.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. After posting, I finally got it resolved. I'm now on the most stable release. Thank you again

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi rosewood72,

I am glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

Please feel free to leave us a message if any concerns

Note: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS if its addressed your query.

Thanks

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi rosewood72

Thank you for reaching us. 

Below are few more links I'm adding to the post which will help you as a reference link.

How to upgrade from older firmware versions to a UFI image?

How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P using a USB flash drive

How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P via TFTP

Thanks