cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling status-server (Code field 12) on a ruckus icx 7450 switch

rahul_chakravar
New Contributor III

I've got a Wired 802.1x implementation with a ruckus switch as the Radius client and a Microsoft NPS acting as the Radius server.

The below config line on the switch is the one causing me a lot of grief and I see a constant error showing up on Event Viewer on my NPS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

radius-server host 192.168.100.251 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 default key Mykeyrds dot1x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error on NPS: A RADIUS message with the Code field set to 12, which is not valid, was received on port 1813 from RADIUS client My ICX switch. Valid values of the RADIUS Code field are documented in RFC 2865.

How do I stop the switch from sending the Code field 12 thing to my NPS???

7 REPLIES 7

rahul_chakravar
New Contributor III

Opened a case, then your licensing team asked for S/N etc. and then no technical help was provided as apparently, this is classed under "technical assistance" which is not covered by a Lifetime Limited Warranty.

Is there no other way to raise bugs for Brocade switches?

josue_jimenez_c
New Contributor II

Hello Rahul,

I hope you are doing great today, I took a case where the customer was reporting the same, looks like this message is expected on 9010 software releases, we opened a ticket to take a look at it, and engineering is currently working on trying to enter a command to disable it or working on possible creating a command to disable it.

This is what the customer was getting on a pcap

josue_jimenez_c_1-1678219115516.png

I hope this helps.

Yep, that's exactly what I was getting on a pcap too. 

I'm inclined to downgrade the firmware now since it's a Dev environment.