cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling status-server (Code field 12) on a ruckus icx 7450 switch

rahul_chakravar
New Contributor III

I've got a Wired 802.1x implementation with a ruckus switch as the Radius client and a Microsoft NPS acting as the Radius server.

The below config line on the switch is the one causing me a lot of grief and I see a constant error showing up on Event Viewer on my NPS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

radius-server host 192.168.100.251 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 default key Mykeyrds dot1x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error on NPS: A RADIUS message with the Code field set to 12, which is not valid, was received on port 1813 from RADIUS client My ICX switch. Valid values of the RADIUS Code field are documented in RFC 2865.

How do I stop the switch from sending the Code field 12 thing to my NPS???

7 REPLIES 7

Squozen
Contributor II

Patch the switch maybe? It should never be sending that code so it has to be a bug, hopefully it’s been resolved in an update. Which version are you running?

I was running 09.0.10 and have now patched it to 09.0.10c but still no luck. Can still see the errors on Event Viewer on my NPS.

BenBeck

I would recommend opening a case so this can be properly debugged/investigated. Please see my signature.

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Will do, thanks