cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created vlan but no PVID is assigned to interface?

john_lieberman_
New Contributor II
I've created a vlan and assigned an interface to that vlan as well as ve and assigned it an ip. however when i show interface brief it shows the pvid as vlan 1. Shouldn't it automatically assign the vlan id of the untagged port assigned to it? 
9 REPLIES 9

Hey John,

I don't think the PVID display is a problem or unexpected based on your configuration.

Should all those ports be tagged or untagged?
Are we learning mac addresses?

It would probably be a lot easier to open a support case and have one of our engineers assist live. 
Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

vlan 100 should be untagged, vlan 101 should be untagged on 1/1/2 and tagged on 1/1/3 to 1/1/12. dont have support for the switch. this is a simple 2 vlan voice and data configuration. Not sure why this config isn't working seems like it should. yes its learning the mac's.

Hey John, 

You may just be learning macs in vlan 1 based on the configuration you sent in. You may need to remove the tagged ports in the data vlan and make then untagged (tagged for voice, untagged for data). 

if I run the command to untag it says the port is already an untagged member. I don't know... 

It looks like the ports are tagged in vlan 100. I don't see them untagged anywhere else. You would need to do something like this:

conf t
vlan 100
no tagged eth
untagged eth