cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Two Switches

npineiro
New Contributor

Hey Everyone,

Im very much a networking noob and was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I have an ICX 7150-C12 and an ICX6430-C12. The 7150 is running the L3 firmware and the 6430 is running the base firmware; layer 2 only. Im trying to connect these two switches together. 

I have a straight through cable connecting these two switches via their uplink ports 1/2/2 on the 7150 and 1/2/1 on the 6430. The link lights are not turning on. The only thing I havent tried is using a cross over cable. Was wondering if I might be doing something dumb here. help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Thanks for your response. Turned out to be a bad cable 😅 These cat 6 cables are hard to crimp. 

My thinking of using the uplink port is so that I can have as many of the ports on the switch available since there are only 12 of them. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BenBeck

You should not have to do anything special here if you are just trying to make a simple connection and expand the network. You could just connect 1/1/1 to 1/1/1 on each switch. I am not sure if somehow the x/2/x ports are throwing things off here. If you have any output, that could help. Below would be some simple commands to check port status, stats, media, etc. 

show int br

show int eth x/y/z

show media

show stat eth x/y/z

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Hey Thanks for your response. Turned out to be a bad cable 😅 These cat 6 cables are hard to crimp. 

My thinking of using the uplink port is so that I can have as many of the ports on the switch available since there are only 12 of them.