cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Ping 7250 stack but traffic is passing

kk1313
New Contributor III

I have a stack of three ICX-7250, all the configuration seems to be the same as other stacks, but I'm unable to ping it from certain devices or join it to SZ. I am also unable to telnet in, and the web management interface works about 50% of the time. All the traffic on the stack is passing normally, i.e. users are able to get internet, APs are working, VOIP devices working, etc. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

BenBeck

Hey @kk1313 

This might be a tough thing to troubleshoot on a forum. Do you have a duplicate IP address or stack mac? What code are you on? Are you see any rejection logs when you try to access the device? We can try to help here, but opening a support case (see my signature) would likely be the best route. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

kk1313
New Contributor III

Clarify for me duplicate IP or stack mac? I'm assuming I've got a stack mac because I'm only using one ip for the entire stack. The stack is running SPS08095G UFI, and I'm not seeing any rejection logs when I try to access remotely. I do get the following error when I try to connect the stack to smart zone:

:MGMT Agent: Failed to connect to network controller at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Error: JSON Parse Error
MGMT Agent: Failed to connect to network controller at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Error: HTTPS Connection Error

Unfortunately I don't have a support contract, so any time I try to contact support I'm told they cannot help.

Got it. The forum definitely will not replace one of our support engineers troubleshooting. Duplicate IP address would be having your stack IP address ('show ip int' or 'show ip addr') exist in two places (ex. the stack and another separate unit/stack). This could cause routing and arp resolution issues. The same is true for stack macs (you can see this in 'show run'). If you have the same stack mac on multiple stacks, there will be adverse effects. These are just a couple items to check. It could be numerous other things, so it is very hard to say without taking a look live (would need support contract for that). 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us