cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning names to stack ports on ICX7450 running 9.0.1c

frnkblk
New Contributor III

I searched the manuals but I could not find it.

How do I assign a name/description to stack ports, so I can know where it's going?  The "show interfaces stack-ports" has a "name" column, but there doesn't appear to be a way to populate that?

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenBeck

Hey @frnkblk 

We do not allow stack ports to be named. With that said, you can decipher where they are going with 'show stack' and 'show stack detail'

BenBeck_0-1659714776184.png

As an example, you can see 1/3/1 is connected to 2/4/1. You can also see 1/4/1 is connected to 2/3/1. Hope this helps!

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I could see how that would be helpful. I don't think that would be a trivial change, however. We really want people to use 'show stack' variations when looking at stacking. You could certainly put in a Request For Enhancement (RFE) with your account team if you would like to get a formal request on record. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

JD87
New Contributor

I think this would be a worthy addition of being able to add a name to the show int brief output. Lots of other competing vendors allow this. The way I've learned to identify them quickly is by looking at the PVID column, because they are stack interfaces, they obviously won't have a PVID, so that column shows N/A