cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150 switch disappears from Unleashed on reboot

garrett_william
New Contributor III

I have one ICX 7150-C12P switch that is connected to my R650 APs. The C2 port is connected to my router (pfSense). The C1 port is connected to a second ICX 7150-C12P at the second switch's C2 port.

Firmware is up to date on both 650R's and I'm running version 09010b on both switches (the sps firmware, not the spr firmware). 

The first swtich (directly connected to the access points) always shows up in Unleashed, even after the firmware update. The second switch (which is connected to the first switch via the C ports) will ONLY show up in Unleashed after I do a factory reset. As soon as I restart the second switch (via CLI, pulling the power, etc), it never returns to Unleashed. Unleashed always shows it as "connecting", but it never does.

I've reset the offending switch via CLI, the reset button, flashing firmware, etc. The behavior Is always the same. I'm able to access both switches via their ip address (DHCP static lease). 

I'd really appreaciate any help. 

- Garrett
11 REPLIES 11

Hi there,

Refer the online document which will answer your queries.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-A887C55E-6973-4496-9413-302E... 

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

garrett_william
New Contributor III

I still haven't gotten any traction on this.. Does anyone have any ideas? 

- Garrett

I have the same issue. Did you resolve it?

fireboy and watergirl

Please follow the steps given on below online doc and confirm more information like LLDP is enabled or not and how SW is connected to AP.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-A446EC1D-FC2C-4546-BE26-FDE4... 

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi Garrett,

Sorry for the delay, it seems  my message was not sent, though I drafted it.

Unleashed uses LLDP for SW discovery and connection. Could you make sure that LLDP is enabled and AP/SWs are on same VLAN.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn