cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloudpath and GSUITE

stefano_costant
New Contributor II

Hi all, i've implemented correctly a workflow in Cloudpath that allow it to generate a EDPSK from a pool only after a user has been authenticated in GSUITE.

First question is: can i assign a VLAN to John DPSK and another to Peter DPSK based on group mapped from Organizational Unit of GSUITE? 

Secondo question is: now we'd like to "evolve" using Gsuite as a 802.1X, via Cloudpath, is it possible? 🙂 

Stefano

3 REPLIES 3

vijaykuniyal
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Stefano,

Answers to your questions are below.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Question: can i assign a VLAN to John DPSK and another to Peter DPSK based on group mapped from Organizational Unit of GSUITE?

Answer: This will be possible in 5.9.5324 Cloudpath version, where a new option was introduced to add radius policy to the DPSK pool and assign vlan ID on it.

How to implement for 2 groups (Staff and Student for example)

Workflow
Step 1: Policy acceptance
Step 2: SSID split

vijaykuniyal_1-1657750544137.png

Step 3: User auth completes.

vijaykuniyal_2-1657750587773.png

Step 4: After the user authentication, create a split for 2 groups as shown below.

vijaykuniyal_3-1657750622856.png

Modify the Split by clicking on the pencil icon(e.g. Student)

Select Filter and restriction>>>Group name pattern: <AD Group name>, click Save.

vijaykuniyal_4-1657750682157.png

Similarly modify the split Staff.

Select Filter and restriction>>>Group name pattern: <AD Group name> ,click Save.

NOTE: <AD Group name> In my case is Staff and Student.

Step 5: Generate a DPSK in DPSK Pool for both the splits separately.(Create 2 different DPSK pool)

POLICY:

• Configuration>>>>Policies

1: Create 2 Radius Attribute groups and under Vlan ID specify which you want to specify for the group.

vijaykuniyal_5-1657751236428.png

2: Create 2 Radius Policy groups.

vijaykuniyal_7-1657751385958.png

Map the appropriate radius attribute group to the policy, like highlighted as above.

DPSK POOLS:

• Configuration>>>>DPSK Pools

Under radius policies in Staff DPSK Pools, map the radius policy created in previous step.

vijaykuniyal_9-1657751679616.png

Under radius policies in Student DPSK Pools, map the radius policy created in previous step.

vijaykuniyal_8-1657751590095.png

Republish the workflow and test the behavior.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Question: now we'd like to "evolve" using Gsuite as a 802.1X, via Cloudpath, is it possible?

Answer:
Yes it is, you can use 802.1x authentication using certificates.

Vijay Kuniyal

Staff Technical Support Engineer

CCNA RnS | CCNA Wireless | CWNA | RASZA | Meraki CMNO | RACPA

This is the regular filter, but ... i finally found that Google answers with a / in front of the OU, so you have to filter for /Students 🙂 

vijaykuniyal
RUCKUS Team Member

@Ste73,

Correct, you can apply multiple filter types, it totally depends how the AD group is defined.

Vijay Kuniyal

Staff Technical Support Engineer

CCNA RnS | CCNA Wireless | CWNA | RASZA | Meraki CMNO | RACPA