cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring a ruckus 7363 with an apple computer

scott_weatherfo
New Contributor II
i recently came into ownership of a 7363, just the unit itself. ive found the quick setup guide online and under system reqs for setup says basically a pc must be used.

ive got a mac, and old one at that (g5 dual 1.8g powerpc based... dinosaur). can anyone assist me with this?
6 REPLIES 6

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
You just need an SSH client (telnet will not work). But I leave that to you - that is an old beast. search "macos" instead of "osx" or "macosx" will probably give the best results.

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Sorry, I'm starting to do this so often with SSH I forget there's a web UI. So...you need as modern a web browser as you can get your hands on - my guess would be Firefox. From there it's pretty much as the quick-start specifies - set your Mac IP address to something in 192.168.0.x to pair up with the default IP on the AP after doing a hard reset. Also note that there are some OEM versions that have different IP and default credentials. So if you have one of those you may have a tough time

scott_weatherfo
New Contributor II
thx for replying keith

sry, i dont need it FOR my mac, as i dont even have wireless available on it. its just so i can use wifi on my phone or so my roomate can use her laptop (although that IS a mac).

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Right, I got that. But you have to connect to the un-configured AP with either a web browser or with SSH.

If she has a mac, and it's a laptop she likely already has everything you need. Use hers to configure it.