Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client operating system is not right in R650

jnetsystems
New Contributor

hi we're using device policy in SZ144 controller. and connect to R650 AP  

jnetsystems_2-1696405680791.png

so.. policy role is deny windows operating systems. it's really good actually.  

but we have some problem with one client. he using galaxy A23

jnetsystems_1-1696405534221.png

and it looks like apple operating systems. so it's not good enough to device policy

i want to get some mac OS deny policy that's becuase only this device it's not working when i apply to deny policy

i want to know why is this device the only problem. galaxy A23 is andriod right? i chaked and it was apple mac operating system 

can anybody help with this problem? 

and.. should i move to SZ category? this category is R650 so.. 

3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @jnetsystems,

Could you please current firmware version running on your SZ144, and also check the application signature package. Make sure you are running the latest application signature package.

For more info, refer online document at https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/sz-600-adminguide-sz300vsz/page/GUID-7A295C06-ACDF-4E78-97DE-A1DA3... 

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

thanks for answer. i checked version. first SZ144 version is 6.1.1.0.959 and signature package version is 1.590.1 also last checked time is 2023/10/01 23:57 

what else do i have to checking about it? please let me know 

and i want to test it to same environment(which is same galaxy A23) but i can't get that model

Unfortunately, there is nothing else you can do at this point. Do you have more such devices where it is showing as different OS or manufacturer?

To check this issue further, I request you to please log a support case and share the case number with me. We have to check further and may collect some logs from controller, AP and client as well.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn