cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZF7982 product installation << modification suggestions

dtsblake_588878
Contributor II
ZF7982 Noob observations:

1. Mounting template (paper diagram provided) should include all 4 mounting points, not just the two prime ones.
2. Included mounting screws (too long and the screw head should include phillips or torx) and plastic anchors should be more substantial.
3. The bottom side trim should include adjacent notches for the ethernet cable to be connected without the cable being bent around the .
4. The fancy locking mechanism (anti-theft) is annoying for most enterprise environments. Provide a method to semi-permanently disable the locking pin.
5. 7982 Quick Setup Guide p/n "800-70362-001 Rev E" lists a "Security screw," which was not included in any of the 7982's recently purchased. Nor is it obvious where a security screw would even be installed.
12 REPLIES 12

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Thanks! We've passed this on to the product managers and actually used some of these suggestions in some upcoming products. 

kosek_dan
New Contributor II
1) The alternate mounting for the 7982 (902-0100-0000) and 7372 (902-0108-0000) plate is too thin in two places and needs to be strengthened ... Post a drawing of the sheet metal and I can markup the locations.

2) It should be included, as it is required for every install that is not standard drop ceiling.

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
This is great feedback. The product manager is monitoring this thread and working with our manufacturing team to assess the needed changes.

drc
New Contributor III
Good post.

RE: Point #5, Security Screw

I would imagine that the security screw is a small sized, torx head grub screw... maybe m3, 3mm or deeper.

As I see it, said grub screw would self thread, and it would be where you insert the paper clip for the lock/unlock mechanism.

Can Ruckus post a quick picture of what they use + perhaps a recommendation?