cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD9.9 and 7962APs?

martin_kane
Contributor
Any hope that 7962 APs will, one day, be compatible with version 9.9?
35 REPLIES 35

paul_mancine
New Contributor II
Michael -

Thank you for the information.

To summarize, for clients in our boat (mixed AP's - 7962's and newer), we HAVE to stay on version 9.8 correct? And, 9.8 will be updated for the next year. Can you also confirm that 9.8 will update newer AP's (meaning, by staying at 9.8 we aren't losing updates/fixes for our new AP's are we?) or will our R700 models being 'losing out' by staying on 9.8?

Finally - does Ruckus currently have, or do you expect them to have, a plan for clients to 'upgrade' old AP's to newer versions without having to go out and pay full price? We have over $40,000 worth of 7962's and the idea of being told "pay us again" won't sit well with my board and bosses (we are a Public School system). Again, I understand technology moves on but being told "if you AP's stop working, then you'll get a newer replacement model for free due to the lifetime warranty - if they don't, then spend another $40-50K just so you can get the latest support releases", doesn't sit too well. Obviously if there is nothing then we won't be purchasing support contracts in the future since they would basically be worthless to us.

If you could clarify these things, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hi Paul, my background is support and I can answer most technical inquiries,
but I'll need to refer your questions to Mike Rosedale, sales rep for Alpena Public
Schools, and see if he can help work something out with your nearby reseller.
I've asked him to contact you.

paul_mancine
New Contributor II
Thanks Michael.

I appreciate your help and getting our rep to contact us. (Hopefully he does since I was told by one of your phone support techs that someone from sales would be calling me - and they never did).

Thank you. Hopefully I can get some good explanations and resolutions.

paul_mancine
New Contributor II
Michael -

I still have not heard from Mike Rosedale. I know the holidays were in the last couple of weeks but I'd appreciate it if Mike actually contacted me about this issue.

Thank you.

Paul

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hello Paul, I'll pass the word, and you might also contact your local VAR, Solutions Plus Inc in the meantime, thanks.