cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD1100 - Rollback to 9.8.3 for out of support use?

brian_hoyt_6612
Contributor
I have a ZD1100 that I have retired and replaced with ZD1200. I also have some ZF-7363 that are retired. I wanted to donate these to a local church to allow for them to setup Wi-Fi. I had upgraded the ZD1100 to 9.10 before it was retired last summer. My question is can I roll back the ZD1100 to 9.8.3 and allow it to be used in an unsupported but functional way? If not is this equipment simply recycling trash now?
7 REPLIES 7

andrea_coppini
Contributor II
Yes and yes - without support you can still run the ZD1100 on 9.10, you just cannot upgrade it further.

You can even downgrade it to 9.8.3 if you wish.  In fact, if you do not need any of the features or AP support introduced in 9.9 or 9.10, I would suggest downgrading to 9.8.3 since the 7363's will run better with the lighter code.  Just keep in mind that if you do downgrade to 9.8.3, you won't be able to upgrade to 9.9 or 9.10 again unless you have active support.

brian_hoyt_6612
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. Just so I am clear (since I wasn't) the ZD1100 can stay at whatever code level it was last licensed (support contract) to and function but just can't upgrade any further and maintain functionality?

andrea_coppini
Contributor II
Correct