cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD Critical Vulnerability Notice and inability to connect to ZD

atul_khanna
New Contributor II
Hi

I received a recent critical vulnerability notice for my ZD1106 from Commscope.  The solution apparently is to upgrade the ZD s/w, but I can't connect to my ZD, probably because of its outdated firmware - when i try, I get messages like the one in quotes below.  I don't have access to old windows IE versions (with presumably lower security requirements) and instead have only macs at home.  What is my solution - how do I solve this critical vulnerability issue?

Many thanks!

"This site can’t provide a secure connection

10.0.1.13 uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH"
9 REPLIES 9

Hi Atul,

It is because that article is a premium content under premium support.

Install the mentioned browsers and you should be able to access the ZD.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

atul_khanna
New Contributor II
One more question Syamantak - I am using a Mac.  Are these browser versions independent of O/S?

I think you can easily find the Firefox ver 44 for OS X. Just search it on Google and I am sure you can find it on some of the third party websites.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

atul_khanna
New Contributor II
I tried both 44 and 43 firefox - still no luck.  This is 43:Image_ images_messages_5f91c452135b77e247a23319_155af7ef508816379f4e1ae9c1c7c0d6_RackMultipart20200703123081f0q-47d5ff9b-baa0-4ee8-82a2-b2173f3a4199-1868589597.png1593795795
With 44 i get the advanced option, but even that just hangs.

It works most of the time as I have fixed similar issue in past. Not sure why it is not working for you.

You may try another way to fix this issue.

Try to SSH into the ZD, check what is the ZD version and try to upgrade it to 9.7 or above. This issue is fixed on 9.7 and above version as it supports TLS 1.2.

Procedure:

- Download the TFTP server on local system/Computer
- Download the desired firmware from Ruckus Support
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1521-zd1100-9-7-2-0-20-mr2-refresh3-software-release
- Select the root folder in TFTP server where firmware file is located
- Login ZD via using any SSH client (ex. Putty)
- Make sure you are able to ping the TFTP server IP (local system's IP) address from ZD CLI

ruckus> en
ruckus#
ruckus# debug
ruckus(debug)# fw_upgrade -p   -s   -n

Example:

ruckus(debug)# fw_upgrade -p tftp  -s 192.168.2.1  -n zd3k_9.4.0.0.110.ap_9.4.0.0.110.img
----------
Note: TFTP server application should be installed locally and its IP address must be reachable from the ZD. 
----------

You can also refer our How To Hub video for more information.

https://youtu.be/Sg_fjpaiIbM

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn