cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will R500/R600 support meshing?

john_d
Valued Contributor II
I've noticed that SmartMesh support is curiously lacking from the R500/R600 data sheets. Am I reading too far between the lines that unlike the T300's and R700's, the R500/R600 will not support meshing?
27 REPLIES 27

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
SmartMesh is not found on the R300 platform, but will be supported in an upcoming release for R700 model APs (some time in 9.9.x). I couldn't find the new product
introduction manager or a PM to get the answer on R500/R600, but will report back
shortly.

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Thanks Michael! I'm really curious about the R500/R600. They are priced a lot more appealingly for SMB and even high-end SOHO wackos like me, and they tend to be the folks that have the "sparse space, not a ton of clients" problem where meshing can be more cost-effective than running ethernet through all the walls.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Update from Product Line Marketing, indicates that R300 will also (eventually) have
SmartMesh support. The target date for the software release is still pending how-
ever.

Yes, Mesh is a future feature for R500 and R600.

Mesh is planned to be supported on all our current 11ac APs (R500, R600, R700, T300-series) in release 9.10.

john_d
Valued Contributor II
That's really helpful to know, Michael. Thanks!

I guess since 9.9 isn't even out the door yet, 9.10 is still a bit of a ways out? Probably next year's time frame?