cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will R500/R600 support meshing?

john_d
Valued Contributor II
I've noticed that SmartMesh support is curiously lacking from the R500/R600 data sheets. Am I reading too far between the lines that unlike the T300's and R700's, the R500/R600 will not support meshing?
27 REPLIES 27

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Yep, I totally understand. I've got one property that's still staying on 7982's because of how amazingly well SmartMesh is working. Before SmartMesh, I tried a million hacks for non-ethernet (including various consumer-grade WDS solutions, and powerline ethernet adapters of varying types), and they all resulted in intermittent connectivity issues that were a pain to diagnose. The SmartMesh has been completely set-it-and-forget-it, and it's amazing what the range is for a Ruckus AP talking to another Ruckus AP.

I really look forward too to 802.11ac meshing.

Me too. I'm consistently surprised what the 7982, and the 7962 before it can do. Sometimes I forget exactly how powerful they are.

Just FYI, the new 11ac APs will also mesh with 11n APs like the 7982, when 11ac mesh is launched.

Any updates on the R600 utilizing mesh? I was given a couple of 7982's to demo and loved the mesh feature, along with the ZoneDirector it sold me over the Aruba (which my other candidate). I went ahead and placed my order for 85 R600's, as I was told that they were the same except the addition of AC, however I am now very concerned that this one major selling point may be a let down...

I am hoping there is already an update, or a fixed date for an update release, that will take care of this - I will really need the mesh, as I have some area's where running Ethernet will not be an option, I would hate to think I made the wrong choice and will end up with some major dead spots on campus.

Any updates on the R600 utilizing mesh? I was given a couple of 7982's to demo and loved the mesh feature, along with the ZoneDirector it sold me over the Aruba (which my other candidate). I went ahead and placed my order for 85 R600's, as I was told that they were the same except the addition of AC, however I am now very concerned that this one major selling point may be a let down...

I am hoping there is already an update, or a fixed date for an update release, that will take care of this - I will really need the mesh, as I have some area's where running Ethernet will not be an option, I would hate to think I made the wrong choice and will end up with some major dead spots on campus.