cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the password for configure.me ssid after factory reset on R510?

kai_cheung
New Contributor II
I have an R510 that was originally Unleashed, then flashed to run on my Cloud WiFi network and have now removed the unit from the network.  I'd like to flash this back to Unleashed and have done a factory reset by holding the reset button for 10 seconds.  I now see the configure.meXXXXX SSID but it's asking for a network password to connect to that SSID.  Is there a default password?  I thought that there wouldn't be a password requirement at all.
39 REPLIES 39

Sups
New Contributor

Hello, the solution is to upload the unleashed firmware on the R510 again

kevwol
New Contributor

The passphrase to connect to a defaulted unleashed RUCKUS AP via configure.me is the AP's serial number.  Launch your browser and go to: unleashed.ruckuswireless.com.  You should be good to go to configure your AP as required...

MattT
New Contributor

Seem to be experiencing a mix of the same issues mentioned above. I've got 5 Ruckus R510's, they have been working with unleashed previously but after a large network change where their IP was changed they stopped communitcating with the controller.(Our 68 other APs are working fine) I've tried resetting them, connecting to the broadcasted SSID (successful) but cannot reach "unleashed.ruckuswireless.com" or "192.168.0.1", I cannot ping or SSH while connected via the SSID or with a phyical connection. Has anyone got any ideas? 

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @MattT 

If the AP is working as Master, only then you can connect to "unleashed.ruckuswireless.com" if not the GUI will not work and you will get the message on the browser "Building Unleashed network, this may take a few minutes".
However, the AP should be able to respond to the SSH if the IP address is correct.

Please try the below steps:
1. Connect 1 AP to the Switch and make sure AP cannot reach to the DHCP server. (You can try by removing the Switch uplink or use Power adapter to power up the AP).
2. This will ensure the AP to fall back to the default IP 192.168.0.1.
3. Then connect the Laptop cable to Switch or Power adapter ethernet port and see if you can get response to 192.168.0.1.
4. If not, try resetting the AP by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds.
5. You can also connect to the Configure.me SSID without any password.

Hi @sanjay_kumar 

Thank you so much for your response. However I have managed to get these sorted using Option 43 in DHCP to force the Ruckus controllers IP to the Access Points. I am still unable to ssh to them but they are already correctly configured and I can now use the Ruckus interface to make any further changes. 

Cheers.