cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get from 9.5.0.0 to 9.10 on ZD1100, updates appear to never start

datajerk
New Contributor II
I am trying to get my ZD1100 from 9.5.0.0.156 to 9.10, following the release note chain it appears I need to start with 9.5.3.0.44, however when I attempt to do this via ssh/debug/fw_update or the Web UI, the status orange LED never stops blinking.  The serial console shows a few services shutting down (IIRC out of memory), but a login is still there, its as if, its stuck on something.  It never reboots.  I tried a factor reset.  Did not make a difference.

I also get these messages non-stop on the serial console (this happened before trying to update the firmware):
mv: cannot create '/etc/airespider/license-list.bak.xml': Read-only file system
mv: cannot remove '/etc/airespider/system.bak.xml': Read-only file system mv: cannot remove '/etc/airespider/system.xml': Read-only file system 
Thanks.

P.S. Just did another factor reset so I could collect all the logs, I get this error right after boot:
[INFO  ] Just upgraded from 9.4.2.0.29
REISERFS error (device sda4): vs-4020 is_reusable: bitmap block 163840(8) can't be freed or reused
rm: cannot remove '/etc/airespider-images/rootfs_upgraded': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove '/etc/airespider-images/upgraded.fromver': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove '/etc/airespider-images/upgraded.frombld': Read-only file system 
5 REPLIES 5

abilash_p_r
Contributor
Hi Egan,

I think we should have it RMA'd, please open a ticket with Support they should be able to assist you in replacing it.

Regards,
Abilash PR.

datajerk
New Contributor II
Thanks Abilash, however this ZD1100 is end of life and is not covered under support contract.  (I purchased used).  I was hoping to bring it back to life.  This is for my own personal use/testing/learning.  Is there anyway to force a recovery or reflash/reformat the flash?

Thanks again.

abilash_p_r
Contributor
Hi Egan,

Please open a case with support (https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us) and should be able to workout a feasible solution. To my knowledge there isn't any force recovery method that I could suggest in this case.

If the unit is RMA'd then it would be replaced according to its warranty terms.

Regards,
Abilash PR. 

datajerk
New Contributor II
Abilash PR, I was able to force 1100 into recovery mode and repair the system myself.