cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link TL-WR902AC in Client mode not connecting to SZ100 R500 APs

peter_riederer_
Contributor
Hi,
we want to use a TP-Link TL-WR902AC Wireless Travel Router setup in Client-Mode connecting to our Ruckus WiFi Infrastruktur (SZ100 with R500 APs) getting a wired Copy-Device wireless.

I can scan the Wifi-Networks on the TP-Link client and the networks are available, but it is not connecting. There are also no entries in SZ100 Log shown where any connection attempt of the client are made

SZ100: 3.5.1.0.862
AP Firmware: 3.5.1.0.490

Any hints, or other people who tried a similiar setup?

Regards

Peter
7 REPLIES 7

it_registration
Contributor
I do this exact thing with a few of the TP-Link TL-WR710N.  Works well.  No issues... At all surprisingly.  ZF7982's with ZD1200 (9.12.1.0)

Now i tried two different TP-Link Routers, with no luck. i dont get any connetion to the wi-fi network. 

in the TP-Link forum someone told me that the AccessPoint/Router where you want to connect to needs DHCP enabled, without it will not be possible.

how did you managed this?

peter_riederer_
Contributor
Thanks Todd, i will Update the AP Firmware tomorrow on my SZ100 and try to do further tests. or maybe i am going to buy the TL-WR710N for testing.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
The issue is related to WDS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_distribution_system) and Ruckus developed
proprietary 4 MAC address frame format in our early IPtv AP/CPEs, that is supported on all ZD managed APs,
and may or may not work quite the same under SZ controller management.

Not all third party wireless bridge devices are able to get IP addresses to clients behind them, but the answer
may be to disable a feature from the Ruckus side related to DHCP.  This is an AP CLI command:

rkscli:  set qos directedDHCP disable

ZoneDirector controllers have a CLI command that can communicate with all connected APs, ie:

ruckus(debug)#   remote_ap_cli -A "set qos directedDHCP disable"

but a SmartZone controller would need to use a script that sends the command to all APs.  Can you SSH to the
AP you're testing your bridge device on, and issue this command to see if it helps your clients behind it to pull IP?

KBA-3332: Ruckus WDS with third party wireless bridge
KBA-1423: Clients behind a Third Party wireless bridge are unable to obtain a DHCP IP address