cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unleashed R510's constant heartbeat loss

amar_farooqi
New Contributor III
I moved into a new construction home about 6 months ago (amazon smart home) that came with three Ruckus AP's. I am experiencing heartbeat loss about every hour. It becomes difficult to work. I have been on the phone with ruckus customer support for months trying to figure out the heartbeat loss issue and i have gotten no where. We replaced the switch and that has not helped. We have updated the firmware. We have ran tests for over 24 hours. Have gotten no where and I still have constant heartbeat loss issue.

Can anyone help how we can have a steady wireless connection without our wifi disconnecting every hour? This issue is driving me insane.
43 REPLIES 43

@AmaF, So Changing Background Scanning did the trick? How are things today? Excited for you!

So so so glad I found this thread. I’ve been rebooting 3-4 times a day on r710’s. Let’s see how we do tomorrow!

chris_nicholson
New Contributor III
I down graded my home AP to standalone firmware. Works like it should... nothing disconnects. I have all sorts of devices across 2.4 and 5. Guess I am back to "ZD or Standalone."

Felipe
New Contributor

Hi, I'm Felipe and I live in Chile.

I hope you found the solution. I also work with the unleashed version of Ruckus and I had the same problems.

The problem is generated in the leasing of the IPs in the network segment that the APs are in.

In my case, I configured the network segment of the APs with a 400 days lease on a Mikrotik router and the problems ended. Obviously the problem will occur again after the 400 days, but it will not be every hour hahaha.

Even if you set the IPs in the APs, they keep restarting, I recommend not to set them and let the equipment (AP) take IPs automatically.

I hope this serves as a solution.

Sorry if any concept was not understood, this text was made with a translator.