cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access "iwconfig" command?

ali_db0udsohr2q
Contributor
Trying to get to the prompt where I can run the following command: "iwconfig wlan#".  My AP is registered with a vSZ and I can only get to the rkscli: prompt.  How do I access rkscli#: Prompt?

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

abilashpr
Contributor III
Hi Ali,

rkscli is only available for TAC and Engineering access, it's restricted to customer's acces; you could contact support and ask them they can run the command for you and provide you the required information.

Regards,

Abilash PR

So basically there is no way for me to find out the EIRP/Tx Power from Ruckus access points?  That can't be every vendor allows that I'm sure there's gotta be a way?

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
See the AP data sheet information, on the corporate website:  https://www.ruckuswireless.com/products/access-points
For APs in use, view the Support Info files.

But the Data sheet's don't provide you details about what your AP is actually TX at. only gives stats that the engineers think the AP's will performat. Why would the command iwconfig be limited to only engineers and TAC. This command should be part of basic cli access as its necessary to be able to tell what dB your AP is transmitting at basic troubleshooting level. Should not have to contact support and create a case for such a simple command access. Poor support and programming.