cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unleashed R510's constant heartbeat loss

amar_farooqi
New Contributor III
I moved into a new construction home about 6 months ago (amazon smart home) that came with three Ruckus AP's. I am experiencing heartbeat loss about every hour. It becomes difficult to work. I have been on the phone with ruckus customer support for months trying to figure out the heartbeat loss issue and i have gotten no where. We replaced the switch and that has not helped. We have updated the firmware. We have ran tests for over 24 hours. Have gotten no where and I still have constant heartbeat loss issue.

Can anyone help how we can have a steady wireless connection without our wifi disconnecting every hour? This issue is driving me insane.
43 REPLIES 43

I have been in contact with ruckus support for months and have gotten nonwhere.

Hi AmaF,
Some Questions (sorry if you've already commented on the below.)
  • In your screenshot, we see 1 APs losing heartbeat is it only BC:A0?
  • on your 12CP, have you reviewed it's logs to see if it's having problems with the port or cable BC:A0 is on?
  • Have you by chance turned off any "Background scanning" for 2.4 and 5ghz? or if you're unable to, have you set it for say 9000 seconds?
  • are you "load balancing" clients across adjacent APs?
I'm wondering if you're having any Mac flaps or mini loops that might be affecting network performance.

Best,

@Andrew Giancola
Answering your questions in the order you asked
-all 3 AP's are losing heartbeat, not just the one you mentioned. the screenshot of the logs reflects this
-I do not know how to review the logs on 12CP. but i believe ruckus support has reviewed them (we left my computer on for 24 hours and they collected data)
-Can you give me instructions on how to check for background scanning?
-Can you explain what you mean by load balancing?

Thanks for your questions and greatly appreciate the help.

Also, ruckus sent me a replacement switch. have been using that and still have the same issues.

Excellent Give me a few moments, probably background scanning isn't the issue, but it never hurts to turn this back a few minutes.