cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unleashed R510's constant heartbeat loss

amar_farooqi
New Contributor III
I moved into a new construction home about 6 months ago (amazon smart home) that came with three Ruckus AP's. I am experiencing heartbeat loss about every hour. It becomes difficult to work. I have been on the phone with ruckus customer support for months trying to figure out the heartbeat loss issue and i have gotten no where. We replaced the switch and that has not helped. We have updated the firmware. We have ran tests for over 24 hours. Have gotten no where and I still have constant heartbeat loss issue.

Can anyone help how we can have a steady wireless connection without our wifi disconnecting every hour? This issue is driving me insane.
43 REPLIES 43

michael_grant_6
Contributor II
Have you tried replacing the cable? If that’s not possible in its current position, try a new cable closer to the switch temporarily. Secondly, check your IP settings for the access point, is it set to DHCP or static? If it’s set to static IP, there could be an IP conflict, switch to DHCP and reboot AP. 

Thanks for your response. Which cable? And what kind of cable should I replace it with?

Try a new cat6 or cat5e cable. Is the AP powered by POE or AC power? Is the access point connected via wireless mesh?

sorry, I am not an advanced user but I have some knowledge. can you explain what you mean by the access points connected via wireless mesh? 
the access points are connected via ethernet cables wired on every floor of the home.
the AP's are not powered by AC power. I am not sure what POE is.
Where should i try a new cat6/cat5e cable? from where to where?